Fountain Africa Trust is a non-profit organization that provides assistance to vulnerable communities living in Kenya and the Horn of Africa region. The Trust works with communities to fight poverty, improve livelihood and provides humanitarian assistance to people affected by disasters, epidemics and marginalized populations. Fountain Africa Trust works with marginalized communities to save lives and reduce the suffering of the poor, people living with disability, orphans and vulnerable children, women and youth and people affected by humanitarian crises.
Our vision is to have empowered communities that are resilient to disasters.
Our Mission is to partner with governments and communities to build their capacity, reduce vulnerability, enhance development and increase preparedness, response and recovery and resilience to disasters.
We are based on the Christian Faith, the Word of God as recorded in the Bible, we extend our love to our neighbour as we love ourselves, and bring good news to a hurting world.
We are committed to the marginalized people in the world, the poor, disabled disaster stricken, those affected by epidemics and social injustice.
We value life, all people are equal before God, they are all made in the image and likeness of Our God. We serve all people in need and we do not discriminate anyone based on race, religion, gender, age, or political affiliation.
We respond to needs of people where ever they may be and whenever we can.
We are committed to work in partnership with targeted population and other agencies with similar objectives and vision in all parts of the world.
We are committed to be transparent and accountable to the community, and to our partners in this mission.
- To protect life with dignity during emergency situations, by providing relief such as food, shelter, water, sanitation and primary health care services.
- Empower communities to fight poverty through development of business projects.
- Build capacity of institutions and communities for disaster preparedness response and recovery.
Board of Directors
Ms. Alice Natecho
Ms. Susan Nasambu
Dr. Robert Wekesa
Ms. Pamela Nyaboke
- Dr. Edith Kolo Favorue - University of Geneva
- Dr. Patrick Orege -Kenya Medical Research organization
- Dr. Yves Etiene - Geneva Centre for Education and Research in Humanitarian Action
Board of Trustees
University of Copenhagen, Denmark